Salt mCode is a convenient mobile based 2FA “second factor” authentication mechanism completed using One Time passwords (OTP) that are displayed on the Android device.
Salt mCode provides a robust cryptographically based, PIN protected and standalone solution that does not require ongoing availability of the mobile network.
Salt mCode requires registeration. Please contact Salt Group for registration information.
Salt mCode features include:
- Operation and features akin to dedicated hardware One Time Password, Challenge Response and Signature devices, except on a mobile handset
- Full OATH OTP support available
- Issuer configurable profiles including PIN length, PIN retry thresholds, weak PINs, token display timeouts, OTP and Response lengths, language support, issuer branding
- Re-deployable in the field, anywhere in the world
- Full browser independence
- Familiar user interface
- Access to Internet based banking and finance and government services
- Transaction authentication through the use of Challenge-Response or Signature modes
- VPN and WiFi network access control
- IVR application access control
Many organisations that are seeking to improve the assurance level of user authentication for online services are electing to utilise two factor authentication mechanisms whereby a user will have an independent hardware authentication token with the following characteristics:
- PIN protected access to the token and associated authentication service
- Authentication is completed using a One Time Password (OTP) that is displayed on the Token and then submitted through an Internet or IVR system to the organisation’s online site and validated via a standards based interface to an authentication service
- The OTP is algorithmically based with robust protection of the cryptographic keys within the Token
- The OTP verification service is robust and network connectable and provides for cross-authentication of the service with requesting application or network systems
Salt mCode is a free software application from the Office Suites & Tools subcategory, part of the Business category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2013-09-16. The program can be installed on Android.
Salt mCode (version 1.3) has a file size of 332.80 KB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 0 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.